Driving Over Lemons

There is another book I've read during my semester break (as you can see I had a lot of time for reading :)

What can I tell you about this one. Well, Chris Stewart, an English sheep shearer, and his wife Ana bought a rustic house in the mountains outside of Granada, Spain. Having no running water, access to road or electricity makes their life a little bit harder than they had expected. Their new life is worlds away from the one the had in England. New dialects, droughts, flooding, bridge building, local rituals, new friends (some of them are absolutely nice but some are quite weird) etc.
In my opinion, Chris Stewart describes all the new animals, plants, rituals or surrounding in a long-winded way. What was more, I missed interesting facts about the Spanish culture.

The book I’m reading at the moment is Almost French by Sarah Turnbull. I’ve to admit that prefer this one more. There is a little love story involved and the French culture (and all the stereotypes) are picturesque described.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I see that you read a lot :-) And film on DVD : do you watch ?

alain (France).

Slavi hat gesagt…

Yes I use to read a lot and buy books but not DVDs! Sorry! But if you want to read a book, let me know!

So you are more into watching DVDs?

bye slavi