Going Abroad (Ireland?)


As we have to go abroad, and I’m really looking forward to spending some time in a foreign country, I was pondering where to go and what to do. Australia, US, UK…??? There are several points to choose from but to be honest I’ve never considered Ireland as an opportunity.
The reason is simple. If you want to work in Ireland, which I would prefer instead of studying abroad, a lot depends on the “who do you know”. Last week we mentioned this important point in our Jaywalking with the Irish presentation. In my case I had no helpful connections to Ireland until last Saturday.

I was working as usual. However, I met a nice couple, who are friends of my boyfriend’s father. We had a typical chat about what I’m studying and so on. After some time it turned out that one of them is working in Ireland, or rather his company has an exchange program with Ireland, Kilkenny. My delighted facial expression must have signalised that I would love to spend a period of time there, so he promised me that he’ll try to find some work for me.

Presumably he’ll call me today or tomorrow and as soon as I get further details I’ll let you know.

Keine Kommentare: